After this it was time for Connie Talbot to take to the stage performing pitch-perfect renditions of Run, Photograph and Writing on The Wall to which mine and Molly's bottom lips were already wobbling. After meeting her after her performance, the strangest thing I noticed was how much she's grown up! Now at the age of 14, it's so odd remembering her as the little girl that stole the show on Britain's Got Talent all those years ago!
The full list of winners was:
- Volunteer of the Year: James Preston
- Community Champion: Raj Kaur
- Outstanding Bravery Award: Chloe McGann
- Special Recognition Award: Owen Richards
- Vision Award: Veronica Kumeta
- Young Achievers of the Year: Nat & Oliver Sweeney
- Fundraiser of the Year: Lee Woodward
- Stephen Sutton Pride of Birmingham Award: Alison Cope
- Child of Courage: Finlay Church
- Carer of the Year: Joanne Adams
The show concluded with a stellar performance by none other than Birminghams own Sasha Simone! As she told us afterwards, she was absolutely terrified to sing here but wanted to be able to praise and commend all of these worthy winners. She gave a heartfelt speech on stage about following your dreams and fighting through anything holding you back before soulfully singing, 'I believe I can fly' and finally belting out Miley Cyrus', 'The Climb'. As a video montage played in the background, her soothing but powerful voice echoed around the room leaving anyone hesitating about letting a tear or two flow in streams of tears.
Mr Birmingham 2015/16 and Mr England Finalist